Colombia Continued! August 2009


Hmmm...Cartagena. Lots of tourists, lots of people selling cheap drugs to tourists, but such a beautiful little place. I didn't get to couchsurf here, unfortunately, so I didn't really get to interact with people in the way that I wanted to. But I ate some good ceviche and had a great time walking around!



My time in Bogota was incredible. I think that it is probably my favorite big city. Lots of art, music, on Sundays major streets are closed for cyclists, rollerbladers, and pedestrians. The couchsurfing community there is absolutely amazing! I met so many great people, and had two awesome hosts--Rocio (whom I met at UCSC in a Portuguese class) and Luis!










The last spot I checked out in Colombia was a little city in the Eje Cafetero (coffee region) called Armenia. What a delight! My couchsurfing hosts were great, I visited a coffee farm, drank good coffee, and got to hang out and get to know a few different young "paisas" (paisas are people from the eje cafetero)







I came back to Bogota in order to cross the border into Venezuela...even though I had mixed feelings about leaving Colombia, I loved it so much.
My last day in Bogota...my last meal with awesome Luis!!! :(

Comments

Popular Posts