Hahvahd.



Monday, Nov. 8

After a lovely meeting with Nate and Siena Miller this morning, I made my way back to Boston. I slept the whole bus ride - which was surprising. I woke up and was suddenly in gray, big Boston. When I got to South Station I took the train to Harvard and met with Andy.

After hanging out at Harvard for a bit I went with Andy to one of his classes - physiology - where I learned a little about osmoregulation (kidney stuff). Coffee at the grad student cafe. Delightful meeting with Peter Ellison (someone I've admired for a long time) at 3. Tea and Hormones Reading group at 4. Dinner with Andy at his place.

Harvard is exactly what I imagined - old, cold, and nice. I was extremely well received by all in the HEB (human evolutionary biology) department. Peter is sweet man - not at all arrogant or pompous, like many professors who have his level of achievement/excellence (he became a tenured professor at Harvard, which is very rare, and he is in the national academy of sciences).

Life is good. 

Comments

Popular Posts