Buen Soldado


I love this new-ish video for "Buen Soldado" from her 2012 album with the same title. The song is totally interesting, lyrically, and Francisca really shows her edgier side with the character she plays in the video. Gender, sex, and power are all themes in the song; and I thought that I totally "got it" before seeing the video. Before seeing the video, I thought that Francisca was simply speaking as if she were a "buen soldado", a macho man. But, after watching the video and seeing a slightly androgynous Valenzuela sneakily spending time in a gentleman's parlor between sexy shots of her rolling around in girly undergarments, I'm not quite sure what the meaning of it it. Whatever she is expressing with this song, I've always really liked it, and I am thrilled about the video even though I don't entirely understand it. Lovely!

What do you think of it?

Comments

Popular Posts