The Humans.

The Humans
July 6, 2011

I live in a place that is a big city with a lot of humans in it. There are all kinds of humans from all different places. I work at a place that caters to the humans feeding themselves lunch or dinner (mid-day, late afternoon/evening). When it is nice outside [not too hot, not too cold], the humans that come to my work almost always want to sit outside, on the patio.

When it is too hot, the humans always want to come inside. Or, they take up the line of tables right next to the building, which are shaded by an awning.

The humans like to eat all sorts of things, but they especially love cheesy and meaty things. They particularly love the grilled cheese and the mac and cheese at my work. Heh.

The other humans I work with are fun. They are all [almost] nice and fun people. It takes a certain kind of person to do alright in the service industry.

When I leave the building that I work in, I am immediately in an urban mess. On the border of the “good” and “bad” parts of the city, I make my way to the train station. Taking the train aint no thang. It's quite pleasant.

When I get off the train, with all the others, we have a choice: to take the escalator or to take the stairs. I personally am a fan of taking the escalator and walking up it. What I personally find very frustrating is that I know there are other humans who have the same preferences as me. But, almost always during rush hour, the escalator gets clogged. Humans, stationary on the right, walking on the left. Is it so hard?

Sometimes I have faith that all the humans will work together and make this world a less hostile and rough place for the humans and also for other things that live. But, situations like this make me not have faith in the humans.

Stationary on the right, walking on the left.

But, I am just another one of the humans...

Comments

  1. Pidió una taza de café, la endulzó lentamente, la probó (ese placer le había sido vedado en la clínica) y pensó, mientras alisaba el negro pelaje, que aquel contacto era ilusorio y que estaban como separados por un cristal, porque el hombre vive en el tiempo, en la sucesión, y el mágico animal, en la actualidad, en la eternidad del instante.

    - Jorge Luis Borges, El sur, 1953

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts