The Young Folk

Summer Free Concert Series in MacArthur Park, Los Angeles.
 So, in the United States right now if you are are recent college graduate, you are pretty much fkd [depending on what you studied]. I mean, you aren't really fkd BUTTTTT you probably will spend months if not a year trying to find an entry level job. In fact, most places aren't even hiring recent graduates unless they had an internship with them.

So here I am, thinking...about young people being so fkn stressed out. Our 20's are priceless. Why isn't that a more heavy concept for young people? I mean, I get it, I am stressed out and wanting to have a career and shit too, but.........

You can work a 9-5 any time.
You can go to grad school any time.
You can change your career any time.
You can get hella money, any time, if you really want it.

But...the one thing you cannot get back: your time. YOUR TWENTIES...and your THIRTIES, and TEENS, for that matter.

I don't know about you all, my 20-something/30-something friends, but I know for myself that I don't want to look back on my young adulthood and say, "Damn, I wish I would have goofed off more; had more fun."

So,  I will wait to make oodles of money (ha). I will wait to have a hella serious career. While I will admit, having a brainless job is a little difficult at time (I have too much energy, still trying to find my projects/outlets), it's much better than being stressed out all the time. I have my whole life ahead of me, and I am not going to get fat and get cancer in my 40's.

Comments

Popular Posts