Neighbors and moving.

Sept 4, 2012

This weekend I moved. It was stressful, but all ended well.

I am going to miss my neighbors from my other building. Particularly, I am going to miss the pseudo-on-site manager, Richard and his spouse Glory. Richard is an older, white, tatted up guy from the Bronx. Glory is his beautiful, older, Trinidadian wife. They are just the sweetest. They have a female dog named Pete, who they used to think was male. Pete finally stopped barking at me about 2 weeks ago.

Richard calls Gloria “Gloria”, even though she calls herself “Glori”. Gloria calls Richard “Rick”, even though he calls himself Richard.

I love them.

I will miss eating outside on the patio with Gloria. I will miss that big tree with the birds in it that chirp so loudly at 5:30pm. I will miss the shade it gave. I will miss the corner market owned by the Persian (Armenian?) man who would let me “IOU” when I didn't have cash to pay for a cold 40oz cerveza on a hot day (75 cent charge to use CC). I will miss my delightful apartment that I fell in love with. I will miss having a big bedroom. I will even miss the teenage vandals who would smoke pot and chatter next to my building. Who's going to bring in my heavy groceries in this new neighborhood?

My new neighborhood is "nicer"; It is within walking distance of some of my favorite cafes in this part of town. It's more expensive to live here, and it's safer. I live alone now. It will be an adjustment for me, but it will be a good one. Transitions are happening always, really; it's just a matter of how much they impact you.

I am thankful to those who have been so supportive in my move.

Here's to my new little bachelorette pad in Sherman Oaks, Ca. :)

Comments

Popular Posts