The Chronicle of the Lovely Brown Scarf

Ahhhhh

This scarf!

Ok, so this scarf. I took it with me to Uruguay and used it a lot since it was the start of winter there (early May). On my last day in Montevideo, I went to a really awesome historic bar called Fun Fun with some couchsurfers and locals and I left it there. I didn't realize I had left it there until AFTER I had already walked back to my hosts' house. My plan was initially to take the bus to the airport that night, but after realizing I left my scarf at Fun Fun, I FREAKED OUT. I had called a taxi to take me to the bus terminal, but instead I took it back to Fun Fun. I walked in; it wasn't there. Super bummed, I tell the cabbie to take me home and ask him if he would come back to the house at 3am to take me to the airport.

He gladly came back for me at 3am and I paid him a million Uruguayan pesos er something. Whatever.

So I get back to the states and and I get in touch with one of the lovely French couchsurfers who came to the event I organized at Fun Fun. I told her about my scarf drama and SHE SAID SHE GRABBED IT AFTER I LEFT IT. She brought it back to France with her; lol. I was pretty stoked that she had it, even if she wouldn't be able to send it back to me. At least it would be in good hands.

But! She just sent it back to me, such a sweet girl. And now I have my well-traveled scarf back. California to Uruguay to France and back to California.


Rio de la Plata, Montevideo, Uruguay

Teatro Solis by night, Montevideo, Uruguay

Uruguayan asado action
...and back in sunny California. Sept 2012.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts