Grajooayshun

Up up and onward...
I officially finished school this winter, but this weekend I came up to Santa Cruz from LA to participate in graduation. In all honesty, I was mostly just excited for the Anthropology reception (not the regular ceremony) because that is the part of the university that I feel most connected to. Since I came all the way from Los Angeles, I went to the Anthropology, Linguistics, and the regular ceremonies.

On Friday morning I had my Anthropology reception. It was nice. I got to socialize with the few professors I have strong connections with, and receive a few awards. I found out, surprisingly, that I got honors in the major and also that my senior thesis research project was nominated for [and received] honors. I feel great about that.

The linguistics reception was just for socializing with all my cool language nerd friends. There are many. It was a nice time. I hung out with two close friends one-on-one afterward, which was really special.

There was a party on Friday night to celebrate some old friends' birthday. Bey, Nadia, and Dorota. It's funny, these lovely people have had tri-awesome birthdays in the past, and I think this is either the 3rd or 2nd one I have gone to. I saw so many friends from the past. It was amazing and so much fun. At that party, I felt sad about leaving so many amazing friendships. Right now I am kind of going through a tough time, and for some reason being around these old friends was just, well, entirely comforting and tender. An incredible network of peers who, even though I may not still be super close with, is pretty fucking loving, inspiring, and interesting.

Saturday I got allllllllllll to myself, because my College Nine ceremony was not til Sunday. The day was absolutely lovely:
  • Get treated to a delectable breakfast at Cafe Brasil with Morg.
  • Kick it with him at his house with his awesome housemates (he lives at Food Not Lawns)
  • Go to Kasondra's grad party. This was particularly cute because Kasondra and I celebrated our h.s. Grad together. I know pretty much all of her family. There were home-made ice cream sandwiches. MmmmMmmmmMmmm
  • Get picked up by Arseniy, who treated me to an excellent film at the movie theater: Woody Allen's Midnight In Paris. Thanks A.
  • Come home and fall asleep in Mo's cozy loft while he was at a show in Berkeley.
  • Get awoken by sweet Mo. Talk for days. Like always.

This morning I had my regular ceremony. My dad came last minute. Morg came. Morg took photos. It was too sweet. After the ceremony my dad went home so that I could spend time with friends. I had a sweet and nice time with Morgan. I was sad to leave. So sad. Luckily, I got to have a rad time driving back to the City of Demons because I went with Tammie, a girl I knew from Santa Cruz who now works and lives in LA. Tammie also is feeling sad about leaving Santa Cruz...so we get to be emo together for 5 hours. :)






We actually only have about an hour and a half of driving left. It's been a nice ride.

Now, let's see what life has in store.

Comments

Popular Posts