Rant: I hate the United States of America


Many are critical of US economic and foreign policy. And so am I, but I have never written about it.

And now I have to!!! Cause this country is so crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying out of the country and then flying back in via Miami is a total shitshow. When you pass through immigration if you have brought anything back and claimed it (which you should, even if it's just chocolate or a little huevada), you will have to go through customs. When you go through customs, they ask you personal and lame questions.
“Why did you go to X country?”
“Do you have friends or family there?" 
“What do you do for work?”

WHY THE HELL DO THEY ASK WHAT YOU DO FOR WORK!?!?!?!?

WTF???

Um, I have been without work for over a year now and I am severely depressed about it!?!?!?!?!!!***

UM, I'M A STRIPPER?!?!?!?!?!***

I have no idea why they ask you such personal shit when coming back into the country...

***I am not unemployed nor a stripper; that was for demonstrative purposes.

Comments

  1. OMG I have a similar story... When I went to Peru, I was coming back through immigration at Houston. This OBESE red headed bitch, starts asking me 21 questions, and I'm answering very politely. And then she goes, "So what do you do for work?"
    "I'm a medical student"
    "So who paid for your trip?"
    "Oh, I paid for it"
    "Where did you get the money?"
    "oh... well I live off of student loans"
    and she has the audacity to say, very RUDELY I might add, "So, you are living off of student loans, and you decided it was a good idea to take a vacation?!" (implying that I was abusing the system or something)

    I was furious!!! Bitch, it is NONE of your business!!!! She was SOOO RUDE!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit Ashleigh. That story is OUT OF CONTROL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Possible responses:

    Actually I have family there, my brother is dying.
    The only money I have is student loan money; I'm so happy I was able to go.

    I am actually planning to participate in Doctors without Borders. My trip was really important in terms of research and philanthropy.
    But if you would prefer that I only help rich white people in the United States as a doctor, I will not use my student loans for travel.

    Um, yes, I was depressed and decided to take a trip for myself. I feel much better now and I am so glad that being a med student facilitated this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts