Scattered Travel Log


2pm. May 1st.

I just arrived in San Salvador, El Salvador, for my 1st lay over. When I left LAX, two major things happened.
  1. Workers were protesting in front of LAX. Presumably, for International Workers Day in LA. Which, by the way, I am sad I missed.
  2. I lost my cell phone.

Losing my cell phone isn't the biggest deal, since it was just a cruddy little flip phone that I have had for ages. But, honestly, I am a little sad about not having it. I kinda loved that phone. Anyways I instantly put a block on my phone, so in case someone stole it they aren't getting any free, international phone calls from me...

Anyways the 5 hour plane ride to S. Salvador was freezing, and I was in front of a sick, crying 2 year old. Awful. The poor thing was crying nearly the whole 5 hours. I landed in S. Salvador and I immediately felt memories of landing in Manila for the first time (at 11pm)...

Fuck. Did the plane crash and land in hell???”

It is fucking HOT and HUMID as hell. My next stop is Lima. From Lima I will have another 5 hour flight to MVD.

May 1st 6:45 Pacific time

I just got into Lima from San Salvador...and the whole way I was sitting to this absolutely lovely middle aged Uruguayan couple with their 2 teenage kids. They were telling me all about their lives in MVD...why they like it there...why Chile is politically unstable. They were so interesting...telling me about how in Uruguay more women have natural births than in Chile and why. Just all sorts of interesting topics of conversation.

I'm now at the gate to board for MVD. There's a girl next to me talking to her friend...
Estuve en Salvador por 20 dias!!! Quiero mate!!! Quiero asado!!!”
I was in El Salvador for 20 days!!! I want mate!!! I want steak!!!”

hahahahaha.

I am trying not to freak out about the fact that I lost my phone. Also trying to not freak out about the fact that I land at 4:30 in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts