Kickin' it by myself, all tha time.






Loneliness. March 21, 2011

I wish I had a rad partner in crime here.

But, I think it's good to feel lonely sometimes.

As you probably know, the days are slow for me as I am waiting to see if the 2nd project is even going to be possible. During these slow days I think - damn, how do people do fieldwork, for long periods of time, by themselves?!?!?! I guess if you speak the language, it can be different, but DAMN. I am LONELY. Having no one to talk to who can relate to me, have a fluent conversation, etc. I am fine because I know I will only be here for a short amount of time but if I was planning on being here longer I would be in a bit of trouble. Maybe that's why I know I wouldn't do that! Ha. The best part of my day usually consists of eating 1 or 2 ripe, juicy mangoes. Everyone doesn't understand why I love eating it so much - so the experience seems dulled. I know that if I had one of my California buddies with me, she/he/they would understand why the experience of eating a sweet, fresh 20 cent Zambales mango is EXCELLENT.

Comments

  1. I love those photos. And, yeah, traveling can be lonely. Hang in there!
    Love from cali,
    Elaina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts