Rice




Rice. March 21, 2011

(preface: the treats in the first photo are "bibinka" - rice flour, coconut pulp coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, roasted over the fire in a banana leaf..mmmmmmm)

Today, quite unexpectedly, after not having a proper lunch, I was craving white rice. Ok maybe not quite craving, but thinking about how I was about to have it for dinner and being excited about it. HAHA. Anyways, that didn't even happen last year. But now, especially if I have a salty fish broth or soy sauce, I am into rice. WTF is happening to me???

It's interesting - people attribute their hefty rice consumption to the heat. They say that due to the heat they need to eat a lot of rice. Or, rice is better than bread because heat requires the rice. Crazy shit like that. HA. Love it.

Comments

Popular Posts