Passing the time in Santiago City, Isabela.

Passing the time in Santiago City, Isabela.

Since Wednesday night I have been in Santiago City, on the east coast of Luzon. Here the weather has been rainy and unpredictable, but still warm. I am scheduled to fly to Palanan, for the 2nd part of my research, on Monday. Until then, I am hanging out here.

I am staying in the NCIP office here, which happens to be located in the middle of the city's public market, which is pretty awesome. I am able to get all sorts of fresh veggies and fruits everyday. I bought my self a head band and a colorful romper to wear. Being at the office is also nice because I am quite comfortable in the office. Some of the employees sleep here to save money on rent (awesome). So we have meals here, chat, wash clothes, there is reliable wifi. It's all really great.

I am the only foreigner here, at least from what I have seen. Reactions to me, my hair, etc.? I get a lot of attention in general, which ranges from "Hi sexy" to "Is it a man or woman?" to just laughs and stares. Sometimes I feel warmth, sometimes not. It's absolutely crazy (getting SOME form of attention from every single person who sees me).

Here are some photos from the market.










Comments

Popular Posts