Tugueguerao

Tugueguerao. March 23, 2011

Today I have arrived in Tugueguerao at 6am, after an 18 hour bus ride. This was the coldest, longest, and thus, most uncomfortable bus ride I have endured in the Philippines. I was reminded of my cross-country travels in South America in 2009. I have become quite used to long-distance travel in 3rd world countries.

Tugueguerao seems like a strange city. I am glad I won't be staying here long term – as this is a known place of political unrest. Not that I am not down with political unrest – but I don't want to be here while it happens. Especially not as a foreigner. While taking a tricycle taxi to the NCIP office I say some graffiti that read “FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS”. I had never seen something like that in the Philippines.


I ate a nice breakfast – Tapsilog. Fried garlic rice, an egg [sunny side up], with salty/sweet beef strips. Along with a small cup of coffee with sugar – instant nescafe, of course.



I remain healthy and in good spirits. I am happy to be sharing life with you all – thanks for caring about me and my life. xo.

Comments

Popular Posts