A hot date with myself

Literally.

Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees in Los Angeles. I had a relaxing morning, then I biked from Sherman Oaks to Universal City and took the subway into downtown. There was a little BookFest at the lovely new Grand Park. At first it was a little boring, mostly things for young kids, so I just laid down on the grass to read. Then, there were some performances by a few poets. Hearing these poets really reminded me of how much I love spoken word. There were a lot of women and even a few Latino male youth reading their poems which was very nice. After enjoying my lunch and poems on the grass, I headed home on the red line. I biked from North Hollywood to Van Nuys to fix my rear shifter cable on my bike at the Valley Bikery. Which, by the way, was so lovely...shout out to the folks who run it and volunteer their time.

Replacing the cable didn't take too long but I stripped one of the bolts on my derailleur so I had to pick through a big box of old bolts to find a similar one. But! It's so nice to have all 15 of my gears back.

After that I biked around the valley some more to run some errands and finally headed home. While riding through a neighborhood in Van Nuys I saw two Mormon missionaries walking, which, always makes me happy.

Even though I had so many wonderful things in my day, I'd have to say the highlight was breakfast. Coffee with milk of course and toast with provolone, an egg sunnyside up, and avocado served with a side of sauteed delicious tender mushrooms. Ah!!!! Crazy good!


Comments

Popular Posts