Windy day men at the metro

Today, I tried to bike to school but the wind was blowing SO hard that while I was biking I got pushed into the lane with oncoming traffic! I was fine, but I decided (wisely) to take the bus.

On the bus, waiting for it to leave. I look out the window, and on the benches at the metro station there are a group of men eating lunch together.

Individual #1: A black man, bigger-bodied, wearing a jean jacket and jean pants.

Individual #2: A white man, thin, with a walker. Wearing a baseball cap that says “Scotts Valley”

Individual #3: A young man, petite, with down syndrome, eating a sandwich.

Individual #4: Young, seemingly Latino (most likely Mexican, but maybe not), in a small motorized wheelchair. He is wearing a Trader Joe's sweatshirt and name tag. '

Pardon my categorizations, but I was simply amazed by the amount of ethnic and body diversity of this small group of men having lunch together. While watching them for just a few minutes, I felt deeply for them. I get that way sometimes. Why do I feel so deeply for people? Who knows.

I wonder about them – what are their stories? Are they happy? Sad? Everything? How is daily life for them? Interesting.


Comments

  1. Yeah! Life right there. The imagery from that is fantastic. Good share! World, I love you, all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts