My run-in with Tom Hanks

My run-in with Tom Hanks

Circa July 2008

I was taking an intenstive Russian course at UCLA during the summer of 2008. I was living with my dear friend Amelia, who was taking the 2nd year Russian course. Angels and Demons was being filmed on campus.

Everyday we would go to class and there was all sorts of shit set up for filming and trailers lining the street. Amelia and I joked about potentially seeing Tom Hanks. Heh heh.

Sure enough. We step out of our class and we are walking. We pass the trailers and hear some girls scream. Aint no thang...we kept walking. We wandered (don't really remember what we were doing), and came back to the area where our class was. All of a sudden, motherfucking Tom Hanks comes out of no where, riding on a BEACH CRUISER, steering with one and and holding a big ol' slice of pepperoni pizza in the other.

We casually say hello to him and he responds with:

"Hey girls! It's my birthday! Want a piece of cake?!"

"Sure!"

Hahahahaha. Sure, Tom, we'll have a piece of your birthday cake. We wander over to his trailer - sure enough, there's a cake that says "Happy Birthday Tom!"

We got some cake. Ate it. Took a photo. Lost the photo somewhere. Luckily, I still have that memory.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts